Thursday, January 10, 2013
What Did You Accomplish In 2012?
As each new year rolls around many of us take the time to look back on the past year and reflect on what we would like to change in the coming year. If you are anything like me, most of that reflection is negative. I should have exercised more, I should have cooked healthier meals, I should have invited friends over more often, etc. But maybe we need to look back and see just how much we actually accomplished in a year.
As you decide what you want to do differently this year, take a look at what you got right last year. Try making an Accomplished List. What did you get done last year?
2012 was a big year for me. Here are some of the things that I accomplished:
1. I quit my job as a waitress and started my own Professional Organizing business, Power Home Solutions. I took several courses in order to become a member of Professional Organizers in Canada and have made many friends by attending chapter meetings where I learn something new each and every time.
2. I started a blog! This was also huge for me, especially if you understand how very computer illiterate I really am. My friend Ana was amazing at helping me navigate my way through blogger. I could not have done it without her!
3. I got a large portion of my own house organized. My kitchen, bedroom, TV room, laundry room, J's room, mudroom and office are now organized. In J's room we also drywalled over the existing plaster and painted the entire room.
4. I set up an entire new accounting system for Mr. P's plumbing business. It had been so long since we last updated our software that the old files would not just transfer over. It all had to be done manually and was an incredible amount of work.
5. I was able to be available to friends and family when they needed me. I was able to take some to doctor's appointments, move my mother-in-law into her new home and been someone to lean on during the loss of a loved one.
6. I have become more active in my community volunteering my time and taking on certain issues with my local government.
All in all, it was actually a pretty good year!
What did you accomplish in 2012?