Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pear Clafoutis


Fall is in the air and I have been itching to use my oven again.  It was too hot over the summer to heat up the kitchen by baking but, now that the weather has cooled a little, it's time to start making some of our favourite desserts.  My family loves this maple-flavoured Pear Clafoutis and since pears are in season right now, I thought I would share this great recipe with you.


(I forgot to add the eggs into the picture.)

Ingredients:

4 large eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1/3 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup light cream (5%)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup butter, melted
4 large Bosc pears (You can use any kind of pear but it must be ripe.  The clafoutis does not cook long enough for unripened pears to become soft)

Butter one deep-dish pie plate.


In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients except for the pears and whisk until smooth.


Peel, core and slice the 4 pears.  I like to leave them in halves then slice and arrange them nicely in the pie plate.




Give the egg mixture another good whisk and then pour over the pears.



Place in a 325 oven for 1 hour. It should look like this when it is done.



Allow to cool to room temperature.  Can be served at room temperature or chilled.

Now pour a nice cup of tea and enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment