Friday, June 22, 2012

Laundry Detergent


This is how I feel about laundry!  I find it to be the worst chore in the house.  However, I love the smell of fresh, clean laundry.  Did you know they even have candles that smell like clean laundry?  I'm thinking I need to get one and just forget about laundry!  Then again, maybe not.

I wanted to share with you a tip I found on the Internet recently to help with your laundry.  I wish that I could remember where I found it so that I could give credit where credit is due.

I have a front-load washer and this is what my laundry detergent usually looks like.


There was always some left in the little cup and if you look at the top of the detergent container you can see where I set the cup because it is gooey from little dribbles of soap.  It didn't matter how hard I tried there was always soap residue left wherever I sat the cup down.  Even if I used a smaller bottle of detergent it would always dribble down the side and I was left with the same mess.

Now look at this.


It is not what it looks like.  I saved my empty dish detergent bottles and I filled them with my laundry detergent.  Since my front-load washer already has a line showing me how much detergent to put in, I don't need a small cup to measure it out.  I simply pour in some detergent and nothing drips!


I also don't have to lug those heavy bottles any more.  I think this is a great idea for someone with Arthritis in their hands or someone who no longer has the upper body strength to lift those heavy detergent bottles.

I love this idea and it has been working really well for me!  And best of all, no more soapy residue!

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea, too. I always buy detergent in large bottles and then decant it into smaller detergent bottles, but I like this idea even more. I have a bottle of dish soap that's almost empty, so I get to try it soon.

    Willa Dale

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent tip! We have front loaders in our apartment building too, and it is a pain to carry those heavy bottles. I'll be doing this from now on. Thank you, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea - I'm going to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea. Mind if I STEAL it? The only thing I would add is to mark those liquid dish detergent bottles as now holding laundry detergent. It will help other family members or household help, and if pets or children are residing or visiting, it is one less thing to worry about, should a mishap of accidental ingestion occur. Signed, Prisoner of Love (I'm a friendly sort.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, canadianmom! We use powdered HE detergent for our front-loader, not liquid, but we have been doing exactly what you suggest in this post for our liquid fabric softener for many years. We use a squeeze bottle from liquid honey for this purpose, but a liquid dish detergent bottle (or any other squeeze bottle) would do just as well. Just be sure to clean the bottle well before you re-purpose it for laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really, I love to work with a couple demand washing machine's intended for clean-up having water and soap markers; is some sort of hot-water demand appliance intended for utilizing this water and soap in addition to electric power laundering this dust, along with the different is a wintry demand appliance intended for rinsing. That normally takes a family, but it really is going much faster. check here

    ReplyDelete