Thursday, May 3, 2012
20 Organizing Jobs That Take 5 Minutes or Less
There are so many reasons that we all procrastinate from time to time but the main reason is that we are feeling overwhelmed by our never-ending to-do lists. There are just so many things to do and nothing every seems to get done. Sound familiar?
But what if you could mark something off of your list that only took 5 minutes or less to accomplish? You would feel empowered wouldn't you? It may even motivate you to continue! Here are 20 things that you could add to your to-do list to keep you motivated. Now don't add all of them! Just one a day or whenever you feel the need for a mental boost to keep you going.
1. Clean out your purse, or if that will take longer than 5 minutes then clean out your wallet.
2. Straighten up the utensil drawer. I know that my forks and spoons tend to wander in the drawer when I'm not looking!
3. Get rid of any old sock with holes in them. You deserve better!
4. Skim through your Spam folder and then delete all those emails.
5. Do you know what all your keys are for on your key chain? Get rid of any ones that you do not use regularly.
6. Throw out any spoiled food in the fridge. Now don't let your perfectionism kick in and start taking out shelves and wiping them down, just toss the old food.
7. Get rid of any old lotions in your bathroom that you never use. Honestly, old, peach scented hand lotion smells like a dirty dish rag when applied to the skin. Don't ask me how I know!
8. Bring in all the extra change from your car. You can leave a little in there for emergencies but bring in the bulk of it so that you don't encourage someone to break into your car.
9. Throw out any empty bottles or slivers of soap in the shower.
10. Pick up any litter on the lawn.
11. Toss 3 magazines.
12. Wash your garbage pail.
13. Change your furnace filter.
14. Clear off the top of your fridge.
15. Hang up any coats that have been left laying around.
16. Gather up all the wire hangers in your closet and put them in your car to return to the dry cleaners next time you are there.
17. Gather up any junk mail laying around and recycle.
18. Pick up toys (dog toys for me), inspect and either put away, donate (if they are never used) or toss.
19. Clear off your night stand.
20. Put any movies that have been left out back in their cases and put away.
All of these are easy and doable. Let me know if you can think of any other 5 minute jobs that we can do to make our homes feel more organized.