Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bacon Cheeseburgers



Now you may be asking yourself what do bacon cheeseburgers have to do with home organization!  Well, today I invested some time and made up almost 100 bacon cheeseburger patties and froze them.  I par-cooked the bacon and added the shredded cheese right into the beef mixture.  Although they are bacon cheeseburgers they are still healthier and more tasty than the ones bought at the supermarket.  As a twist, instead of bread crumbs in the mixture, I ran some tortilla chips that were going stale through the food processor and added them.  I've done this before and everyone in my family loved them!  This killed two birds with one stone, as they say.  Not only will I have a delicious dinner in minutes, I got rid of a couple of half empty bags of tortilla chips out of my cupboard.




Now, after a day spent outside gardening or at the beach I only have to come home and throw some of these on the grill, still frozen, open up a bag of salad and dinner is prepared.

A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.  ~James Dent

1 comment:

  1. I love anything that makes cooking easy and fun...:0)

    ReplyDelete